Standish Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
If you are looking for information about receiving scholarship program funds or other financial support to assist with recreation program costs, please scroll down to the Receiving Support section.
Help us build a Standish Recreation Scholarship Fund!
Standish Parks & Recreation is on a mission to build a healthy, connected, and inclusive community by promoting resources and opportunities that improve quality of life.
While the fees associated with recreation programs represent a philosophy that the participant should cover the costs of providing the service, we understand due to individual circumstances, some are not able to pay their total registration fees.
This Scholarship Fund has been established to benefit those community members/households who would like to participate in Parks and Recreation programs, but need financial support.
The donation amount is set at $5 as a default, but you can adjust the amount of the donation at check out.
Listed below are some options for financial assistance available in our community:
Aspire/TANF State of Maine Program
- If your family is part of the Aspire/TANF State of Maine Program, please reach out to your case worker/Fedcap worker for support with childcare programs such as before and after school programs, summer camps, vacation camps and in-service days.
The part of the form that our department needs to complete is HERE
(Please review this form with your case worker/Fedcap worker).
To see if your family is eligible for SNAP, TANF, or Maine Care Click Here
Child Care Affordability Program (CCAP) formerly CCSP helps eligible families to pay for childcare so parents can work, go to school, or participate in a job training program. CCAP is also available for eligible families where the adult(s) are retired and are the legal guardian of a child. Standish Parks & Recreation is enrolled in the Child Care Affordability Program (CCAP) to assist with for support with before and after school programs, summer camps, vacation camps and in-service days.
Click HERE for the Client Income Eligibility Criteria.
Please find the application for the program HERE
FMI email CCAP.DHHS@maine.gov or call 207-624-7999
Town of Standish General Assistance
- If you are a Standish resident if you earn less than $2611 per month (family of four) you can apply for town general assistance basic necessities such as food, clothing, shelter, fuel, or electricity and may include support for recreation program fees.
Click HERE for maximum rates for other household sizes.
Please find the application for the program HERE.
Standish Parks & Recreation Scholarship Program
- If you do not qualify for any of the programs above but need financial support for recreation program fees, please complete the Standish Parks & Recreation Scholarship Program application for residents HERE .
• This scholarship assistance is available to Standish residents only, for youth and adult programs
• The maximum amount granted shall be no more than 50% of the program fee
• Scholarships may not be used for facility rentals, parent CCSP fees, before and after school programs, or programs that require payment to 3rd party vendors
• A payment plan must be in place for any outstanding balances
• Space in programs and funds are both limited. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
• Application deadline for Summer Camp assistance is April 1st each year
- If you could use a little more time to complete payments for recreation programs, a payment plan can be set up for automatic charge card payments for up to 3 months. Contact the office for details 207-642-2875.
Volunteer Program Voucher
_ Did you know that volunteer coaches receive a voucher for 50% discount on a future program? Please indicate if you are interested in volunteering at registration, or contact the office for details 207-642-2875. A volunteer application is available HERE on our website.
- If you have any questions about these programs or you need help with filling out forms, printing, faxing, or emailing please email Ryan French - firstname.lastname@example.org or call the recreation office at 207 642 2875
Additional Forms and Files:
Donation to Scholarship Fund
01/26/2022 - 04/01/2029
$5.00 R, $5.00 NR
Adjustable Donation for Youth & Adult program scholarships