Standish Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Standish Community Dog Park
Standish Community Dog Park Committee
All visitors should review the Standish Community Dog Park Etiquette & User Guide
To establish a fenced-in, off-leash dog park where dogs and dog lovers and friends have a safe, well-maintained environment for recreation and socialization. To promote responsible canine care to Standish area citizens and visitors who will uphold the park’s rules. To respond to the needs of the area for a multi-generational park activity for pets and their people that will be a complement to the town’s existing recreation areas and maintain a positive presence in the community by encouraging recreation through the dog park.When is the park open?The dog park opened in the fall of 2022 and is open daily until snowfall. If weather and conditions permit, the park is open. It may be closed for maintenance, or if the grounds are too wet. The factors considered when deciding to close the park will be based on safety, and just as important, the potential of damage to the grounds. It will be closed in the winter if conditions are unsafe. There are no lights at the park. No admission to the park between 10pm and 4am per Town of Standish ordinance. Please bring your own bags and review the rules before visiting (see below).
How is the park funded?The dog park was part of the expansion project at Memorial Park on Route 25 that included new and expanded paved parking, sidewalks, a multipurpose field, playground, and dog park. The dog park received a $25,000 grant awarded by Pet Safe (Standish is one of nine winners in the US). The Town of Standish also received over $360,000 in additional local and federal grants (CDBG and LWCF). The post-construction dog park supplies and amenities such as poop bags, agility elements, shade canopies, benches, etc. will be funded by donations and fundraisers. The Ad-hoc Committee, in partnership with the parks and recreation department, developed a management plan for rules and on-going maintenance of the park. The rules and management of the park will be enforced by volunteers who are Standish residents who have participated in the Dog Park Ambassador Program, and have been endorsed by the parks and recreation department. How to get involved:-Make a donation @ www.standishrec.com or in person at Town Hall (checks payable to: Town of Standish-Participate in one of the many fundraisers this year -Donate bottles to our Clynk account (bags available at Parks & Rec office)-Follow the “Standish Community Dog Park” Facebook page for updates
-Take good care of the park. Be good a citizen and follow the guidelines and rules set by the department and committee.
How to donate:
To donate online you will need to create a household account if do not already have one. Simply choose to "register" for the amount you wish to donate below. If you do not want to donate online, you can send a check payable to Town of Standish and write in the memo line "Dog Park Donation" and mail to:Standish Parks & Recreation Department 175 Northeast Rd.Standish, ME 04084. Your donation is tax deductible. Our tax ID # is: 01-6000378
We are also happy to make your online donation for you by phone. You can call us at 642-2875. FMI: visit our facebookpage or email standish.mainedogpark.com
Dog Park Rules
To keep our park safe and enjoyable, please observe the following rules:
- Everyone who enters this dog park does so AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- Per Maine State Law, dog owners or keepers are solely liable for damages or injuries caused by their dog(s).
- Bring no more than three (3) dogs per adult into the park.
- DISPOSE of PET WASTE IMMEDIATELY!
- Discourage dogs from digging holes. Please refill any holes.
- Dogs must be licensed, free of infection, parasites and have ID/rabies tags.
- NO AGGRESSIVE DOGS: dogs displaying aggressive behavior must leave.
- Puppies must have core vaccines and be at least four (4) months old.
- NO female dogs in heat allowed.
- Dogs must be on leash when entering and exiting the park gates.
- Dogs must be collared or harnessed but please remove spike, prong, and pinch collars before entering the park.
- Please supervise your dog(s) at all times.
- No children under 10 years old allowed; Children under 16 must be with an adult.
- No smoking, glass containers, toys, or human food. Use caution with dog treats.
- If your dog seems timid, stressed, overly aroused, or aggressive, please take it out of the off-leash area IMMEDIATELY.
- You may ask dog owners who have not observed these rules to leave the park.
The Town of Standish reserves the right to eject a participant from the facility for reasons of safety and fairness to other participants.
Want to become a Volunteer Dog Park Ambassador? Contact Standish Parks & Recreation to learn more!
Follow the Standish Community Dog Park Facebook Page for updates!
Emergency? Call 911
Standish Parks & Recreation Department: (207) 642-2875
Non-emergency Dispatch/Animal Control: (207) 893-2810
Dog Park Amenities Fund
05/01/2022 - 05/01/2024
$5.00 R, $5.00 NR
to fund Amenities at Standish Dog park